The County of Union with the cooperating agencies of NJTPA and NJDOT in an effort to keep the community and general public informed of current progress on the South Front Street Bridge LCD Study has developed this list of updates:
Work began January 2014
Data Collection Completed July 2014
Completing Project Purpose & Need Statement
Developing Conceptual Alternatives
- South Front Street Traffic Analysis Meeting – Wednesday, June 11, 2014
- New Field Site Meeting & River Tour Photos
- Project Status (+)
Project Status as of March 19, 2014 • Work began January 2014
• Data Collection Nearly Complete
1. Project Mapping & Field Survey
2. Environmental Screening
3. Verification of Utilities
4. Obtain Bridge Inspection Reports, Traffic Data, Crash Data
5. Identify Existing Substandard Design Elements
6. Local Officials, Stakeholders and Public Outreach & Input
7. Project Fact Sheet
8. Develop Project Purpose and Need
- Public Information Center Meeting was held Wednesday, April 2, 2014
Written public comments are welcomed. The Purpose and Need Comment Period is now through May 2, 2014.
- Information regarding the existing bridge condition presented at Public Information Center Meeting – April 2, 2014 PowerPoint Presentation (PDF - 1.19MB)
- Community Stakeholders Meeting Photos have been added.
- Public Information Center Meeting Photos are available.
March 19th marked the Project¹s first stakeholder meeting. After being presented with project information by the project team, a list of comments the audience offered at the meeting, can be reviewed in the meeting minutes from the Community Stakeholders Meeting No. 1 (PDF - 407KB). Have a comment or suggestion? Feel free to use the online survey or comment form and let your voice be heard!
- A Public Information Center will be held on June 9, 2015
- Public Information Center PowerPoint Presentation (PDF - 32.12MB)